Centre for Suicide Prevention is hosting the 4th annual Run for Life from Sept. 19 – 26, 2021!
Run for Life will be a virtual event this year. Anyone who has lived experience with suicide or who is passionate about suicide prevention is welcome to join us for a journey from darkness into light: remember your loved one and raise awareness for suicide prevention by participating.
Participate in this year’s Run for Life by doing any physical activity, anywhere, anytime between Sunday, Sept. 19 and Sunday, Sept. 26.
Here are some activity suggestions:
- 5 – 10 km run
- Memorial walk
- Bike ride
Watch our social channels @cspyyc at 7 am MT on Sunday, Sept. 19 for the Run for Life welcome video!
How to participate
- Register online for the virtual Run for Life 2021!
- Complete your activity anywhere, anytime between Sunday, Sept. 19 and midnight on Sunday, Sept. 26, 2021. Remember to snap a photo once you’ve finished!
- Join us on social @cspyyc on Sunday, Sept. 19 at 7 am MT for the Run for Life welcome video (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Upload your photos to Facebook or Instagram using #runforlife2021 and tag @cspyyc, or email them to us at [email protected].
Additional ways to participate:
- Commemorate a loved one
If you’ve lost a loved one to suicide send their photo to [email protected] with their name so we can commemorate them in the event program on Sunday, Sept. 19.
- Share on social
Let people know you’re participating by sharing on social. Access our social media kit for materials to share or create your own!
- Send a message of hope
Share a message of hope to Facebook or Instagram using #runforlife2021 and tag @cspyyc.
- Individual: $15
- Group (up to four people): $50
Race kit (optional)
- $10 per race kit (individual)
Race kit includes:
- Centre for Suicide Prevention-branded buff
- Lip balm
- And more!