Helping someone who may be suicidal
If someone you know:
- shows changes in behaviour, appearance, or mood
- threatens suicide
- talks about wanting to die
- deliberately injures themselves
- appears depressed, sad, withdrawn…
You can help!
Ask directly, “Are you thinking of suicide?”
If they say yes:
- stay calm and listen
- let the person talk about their feelings
- take all threats of suicide seriously
- connect the person to your local crisis line
Call 1-833-456-4566 or text 45645, or chat with Crisis Services Canada.