We’re excited to announce the addition of the Start online suicide prevention program to our offering of workshops!
Start is a one to two hour online course that trains people to recognize when someone has thoughts of suicide and take action to connect them to help.
Participants will learn:
- Ways to become more comfortable talking about suicide
- How to recognize when someone is experiencing thoughts of suicide
- How to effectively connect someone to further help
- How to find and access local resources
- How to build and retain skills through practice
This online program was developed by LivingWorks Education Inc., the providers of the world-renowned Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) and safeTALK: suicide alertness for everyone workshops.
Start is available exclusively online; it is a skills-based suicide prevention training program that anyone over the age of 13 can learn. It features realistic audiovisuals and powerful e-learning technology.
Trainees learn life-saving skills to keep their family members, friends, co-workers, and others safe from suicide.
“I was a little anxious at first, but the training was great. I feel much better prepared to help now.”
Sophie, programmer and hospital volunteer, Calgary, Canada