Centre for Suicide Prevention’s 5th annual Run for Life will take place from September 18-25, 2022. Join us on a journey from darkness into light to remember loved ones lost to suicide and raise awareness for suicide prevention.
This is a virtual event – participate anywhere, anytime, and in any way: by running, walking, or doing any other physical activity. Stay tuned to Centre for Suicide Prevention’s social channels @cspyyc where we’ll release event videos and share participation.
If you’ve lost someone to suicide, or if you’ve experienced suicidality, you’re not alone. Help is available. Call 1-833-456-4566.
How to participate
- Register online for the virtual Run for Life 2022.
- Complete any physical activity, anywhere, anytime between Sunday, Sept. 18 and midnight on Sunday, Sept. 25, 2022. Remember to snap a photo once you’ve finished! We recommend starting your activity at sunrise.
- Join us on social media @cspyyc on Sunday, Sept. 18 at 7 am MT for the Run for Life 2022 welcome video (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter) and watch for other videos throughout the week!
- Upload your photos to social (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter) using #runforlife2022 and tag @cspyyc, or email them to us at [email protected].
Additional ways to participate
- Commemorate a loved one
If you’ve lost a loved one to suicide, send their photo to [email protected] with their name so we can commemorate them in an event video which will be posted on Sunday, Sept. 18.
Let people know you’re participating by sharing a photo or message of hope on social media using #runforlife2022 and tagging @cspyyc. Access our social media kit for materials to share or create your own!
- In-person events
Events in select locations during the week will provide opportunities for people to participate together! Stay tuned for more details.
- Individual: $20
- Group: 20% discount for groups of 4 or more (registration must be done in a single sitting for discount to apply).
Race kit (optional)
- $10 per race kit (individual)