Centre for Suicide Prevention is hosting the 4th annual Run for Life from Sept. 19 – 26, 2021!
Run for Life will be a virtual event this year. Anyone who has lived experience with suicide or who is passionate about suicide prevention is welcome to join us for a journey from darkness into light: remember a loved one and raise awareness for suicide prevention by participating.
Participate in this year’s Run for Life by doing any physical activity, anywhere, anytime between Sunday, Sept. 19 and Sunday, Sept. 26.
Here are some suggestions:
- 5 – 10 km run
- Memorial walk
- Bike ride
Watch our social channels @cspyyc at 7 am MT on Sunday, Sept. 19 for the Run for Life welcome video!
How to participate
- Register online for the virtual Run for Life 2021!
- Complete your activity anywhere, anytime between Sunday, Sept. 19 and midnight on Sunday, Sept. 26, 2021. Remember to snap a photo once you’ve finished!
- Join us on social @cspyyc on Sunday, Sept. 19 at 7 am MT for the Run for Life welcome video (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Upload your photos to Facebook or Instagram using #runforlife2021 and tag @cspyyc, or email them to us at [email protected].
Additional ways to participate:
- Commemorate a loved one
If you’ve lost a loved one to suicide send their photo to [email protected] with their name so we can commemorate them in the event program on Sunday, Sept. 19.
- Share on social
Let people know you’re participating by sharing on social. Access our social media kit for materials to share or create your own!
- Send a message of hope
Share a message of hope to Facebook or Instagram using #runforlife2021 and tag @cspyyc.
- Individual: $15
- Group (up to four people): $50
Race kit (optional)
- $10 per race kit (individual)
Race kit includes:
- Centre for Suicide Prevention branded buff
- Lip balm
- And more!
Thank you to our sponsors
These generous contributions help make Run for Life possible. Learn more about Run for Life 2021 sponsorship opportunities.
Run for Life pop-ups*
Visit a Run for Life pop-up to say hi and be entered to win a prize!
Kinsmen Park, Strathmore
September 25, 2021
10 – 11:30 am
East Village River Walk, Calgary
September 26, 2021
12 – 4 pm
We look forward to having more physical events in other communities in the future.
*Subject to cancellation based on public health measures.
A prize will be given to the highest individual fundraiser, and the team captain of the largest Run for Life team. You can also be entered to win when you:
- Share on social media using #RunforLife2021
- Visit a Run for Life pop-up in Strathmore or Calgary
Thank you to our in-kind sponsors